Sunday, March 1, 2009

Maastricht/Leiden

So its been a little while since Ive updated this thing...Im into brevity right now so here we go.
Since last time I:
-saw Joker and 2000F
-went to Maastricht for Carnival
-booked tickets to Bloc Weekend Festival for Spring Break in Minehead, England.
-went to Leiden
-ate/drank alcoholic pudding/custard/mush

Now some pictures from Carnival in Maastricht.
Its like Halloween (if candy was beer) mixed with Mardi Gras mixed with Burning Man.
Everyone is dressed up. Everyone is drinking. There are "art cars" and floats. Big sound systems everywhere and on everything. It was amazing.

One of the floats:


This guy pulled us over to take a picture with us?:


The streets during one of the parades:


Him:


The pope who was passing out condoms:


Stuffed animal couple:


The center square with awesome trees and lots of loud drunk people:


I love this picture:


My mind after Carnival:


This last weekend I went to Leiden to explore and see my friend Brad. Leiden was really beautiful and a much cooler town than I had expected.

Huge windmill:


Mega Snuffelmarket? In 2 Hallen? Excellent:


This reminded me of Britney and/or Sasper:


Pictures of the town...it was so beautiful:









This is one of the weirdest drinks I have ever tried before. We had no idea what it was in the store...it was the craziest yellow color, was called the advocate and contained 15% alcohol for 2.50 euro. we had to explore.



Turns out its like some kind of egg white based custard alcohol thing...it was almost impossible to get out of the bottle. We had to treat it like a fucked up ketchup bottle. Slam on the 57?
When we finally got it out...it came out in the grossest way possible. Tt tasted like good mango custard within the first five seconds...but then turned into harsh vodka. Truly repulsing...but an interesting experience I guess:



Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment